HOWTO: Install Zetadocs NAV Client Components for older versions of NAV on machines with multiple versions present
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
This technote presents information on how to install the Zetadocs NAV Client components on a machine that has multiple versions of NAV installed.
By default, the installer will only install the Zetadocs NAV Client on the latest version on the system. The following steps are provided to allow the Zetadocs NAV Client functionality to be used in older versions on the system.
- Ensure all NAV Clients are closed on the machine.
- Navigate to the NAV Client Add-ins folder of the latest version of NAV on your system (for NAV 2015, the following path is the default path for the add-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins).
- Copy the ZetadocsCaptureAddinFull folder to the add-ins folder of the older NAV Client versions where you wish the Zetadocs NAV Client components to be enabled (these will be in a similar path to the one you copied from, but with a different version number in the folder structure).
Note: Steps 4 through 6 are only required from the September 2014 update rollup onwards.
- Navigate to the NAV RoleTailored Client folder of the latest version of NAV on your system (for NAV 2015, the following path is the default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client) and open the following files in Notepad:
- Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.x86.exe.config (NAV 2016 and later)
- Copy any Zetadocs dependentAssembly entries and make note of the files they have been extracted from (be sure to copy the entire dependentAssembly section for each Zetadocs entry).
- Navigate to the NAV RoleTailored Client folder for any NAV Client versions where you wish the Zetadocs NAV Client components to be enabled and locate and open the same files as in step 4 (finsql.exe.config, Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.config and Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.x86.exe.config where available). Copy the extracted Zetadocs entries into the end of the assemblyBinding section for each file.
Once the steps are completed, the Zetadocs NAV Client will be operational on the versions of NAV you have enabled.
Zetadocs for NAV Essentials Installation Guide
Last updated: 4th January 2016 (NT/SB)
Keywords: Document Factbox addin load error