FIX: Zetafax Release Notes - Version 2007
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
This document details some important issues in previous versions of Zetafax that have been addressed in this release. It also details the new features added in this release.
Issues fixed in this release
- After modifying the Lotus/Domino email gateway settings, the Zetafax Server would intermittently generate a kernel32.dll error and then exit.
- The Exchange 2000/2003 Connector was unable to handle files with more than 3 character extensions.
- Default Letterhead setting in the Exchange 2000/2003 Connector had no effect.
- On some machines, a heavy fax conversion load was causing EPSTIFF to error.
- Immediate deletion of a newly created Junk Message rule caused QM.EXE to exit.
- Z-SUBMIT deleted a file attached using the ATTACH command after sending the fax.
- The Brooktrout TRxStream device controller would attach a double dial prefix under specific circumstances.
- The Zetafax Address book (ADB.EXE) would intermittently crash upon Zetafax Server exit.
- The Zetafax Client fax addressing wizard displayed covernote fonts in an incorrect size.
- When using the Send for Approval functionality in Outlook 2000/2003, Outlook would hang or crash on the majority of machines.
- Resending a fax from within the Zetafax Client would cause the application to crash intermittently.
- Hitting 'Refresh' on FaxBroadcast would intermittently cause a crash. This problem was more prevalent on lower-spec machines.
- When hitting Resend on an SMS message, the Zetafax Client would display the fax wizard.
- Zetafax Client fax addressing Quick Preview would crash when multiple .xls files were attached.
- The Zetafax Client fax addressing wizard prohibited the user from entering alphabetic characters and non-numeric symbols in the fax number field.
- Forwarding a fax message to multiple recipients in the Zetafax Client would result in the fax not being sent.
- Client-side rendering using the Zetafax Client and Adobe Acrobat 8 was not working.
- Coversheets that do not have a subject field had an incorrect covernote font size.
Features included in this release
This version introduces the following new features: -
Support for Office 2007. Zetafax v2007 provides integration with Outlook, Word and Excel 2007. The Zetafax Client is also able to render the new Word and Excel file formats (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) during fax creation.
- Support for Exchange 2007. The Zetafax v2007 Connector for Exchange 2007 is installed as part of the Zetafax Server, reducing the number of components that need to be installed on the Exchange machine. The Exchange-side components can now be copied onto the machine and configured manually.
- Windows Vista Support. Both the Zetafax Client and Zetafax Server are supported on Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
- Combined Client Install. The Zetafax Client, Outlook and Office integration and Fax Broadcast have been combined into a single Zetafax Client Applications installer, making deployment much easier.
- Automatic System Failover. You are able to setup Zetafax in a Primary and Backup Server configuration. If the Primary Server should fail, fax processing can switch to the Backup automatically, ensuring that your faxes are still processed.
- Support for the latest Brooktrout Intelligent Fax Boards.
- Automatic User Creation. Zetafax can now be configured to allow new Zetafax users to create their account automatically, i.e. without Administrator intervention.
- PDF rendering at the Zetafax Server has been improved.
- Route to network folder. You are now able to route inbound faxes to a specified folder based on the recipients fax number.
- Improved admin features. The Zetafax Server Monitor UI and usability has been improved, making it easier to access common features and simpler to switch language.
The problems mentioned above have been corrected with Zetafax 2007.
Please contact Equisys Technical Support if you have any questions about installing or using this update.
Zetafax is distributed in many other countries please refer to the Equisys website http://www.equisys.com/ for details of your local supplier.
EQUISYS plc - UK
Phone: 020 7203 4000 (Intl +44 20 7203 4000)
Fax: 020 7203 4005 (Intl +44 20 7203 4005)
EQUISYS Inc - USA and Canada
Phone: (770) 772 7201
Fax: (770) 442 5789
Last updated: 3rd April 2007 (GR/DH)