FIX: Unable to create a new rule when a page has been modified with the Zetadocs Interface Modification Tool
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs Interface Modification Tool version 8.0.819
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
When clicking on the Rules button for a page which has been modified with the Zetadocs Interface Modification Tool, and trying to create a new rule, an error occurs and the user is unable to create any new rules.
The following error message appears: “The field Customer No. of table Zetadocs Customer Rule contains a value () that cannot be found in the related table (Customer).”, where is the document number of the related record.
This issue occurs because Zetadocs uses the No. field to filter the list of rules for a specific customer. When it does not find the No. field it results in the error shown above.
Please follow the manual steps to fix the issue:
- Open the Object Designer in the NAV Development environment.
- Select the page affected and click Design.
- Go to the Page Actions by clicking View > Page Actions.
- Browse to the Zetadocs Action group and select the Rules entry.
- Click on the properties button of the Rules entry, or click View > Properties.
- Browse to the RunPageLink entry, there are two options:
- Replace the value with the corresponding Custom or Vendor Field number in the page. For example, when modifying a Sales Quote please replace the value with the following one: Customer No.=FIELD(Sell-To Customer No.). Please note that the value depends on the context of the page.
- Delete the value associated, leaving it blank.
- Save and close the page.
- Restart your NAV client and browse to the page affected to test a correct behaviour.
You will need to run the manual steps for each affected page.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 5th August 2016 (JV/NT)
Keywords: Zetadocs Rules customer vendor filter